Are you an experienced Warehouse Store Person
and looking for a new job?
As a Warehouse Store Person, you will play a pivotal role in the efficient management and organisation of inventory, ensuring smooth operations within the warehouse environment.
To join our team, you must be comfortable with the following:
- Receive, inspect, and record incoming shipments, verifying the accuracy and quality of delivered items.
- Properly store and arrange inventory in designated locations, using appropriate handling and storage methods.
- Conduct regular stock checks, ensuring inventory levels are accurate and notifying supervisors of any discrepancies.
- Pick and pack orders accurately and efficiently, based on customer requirements and organisational guidelines.
- Prepare items for shipping, including labelling, packaging, and securing products for safe transportation.
- Operate warehouse equipment, such as forklifts or pallet jacks, following proper safety protocols and guidelines.
- Maintain cleanliness and organisation within the warehouse, including proper disposal of waste materials.
- Assist with inventory audits and participate in cycle counting activities to ensure accurate stock records.
- Collaborate with team members and supervisors to improve warehouse processes and optimise efficiency.
To be eligible, you must have:
- Experience: Previous experience as a Warehouse Store Person or in a similar role, preferably in a fast-paced warehouse or distribution centre.
- Warehouse Knowledge: Strong knowledge of warehouse operations, including receiving, storage, order picking, and shipping processes.
- Inventory Management Systems: Familiarity with inventory management systems and basic computer skills for data entry and recordkeeping.
- Warehouse Equipment: Ability to operate warehouse equipment, such as forklifts, reach trucks, or pallet jacks (valid certifications preferred).
- Attention to Detail: Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy in inventory counts, order fulfilment, and documentation.
- Physical Fitness: Physical fitness and the ability to lift and move heavy items safely.
- Organisational Skills: Excellent organisational skills to maintain a tidy and efficient warehouse environment.
- Communication Skills: Effective communication skills to interact with team members, supervisors, and other stakeholders.
- Knowledgeable in Safety Protocols: Commitment to workplace safety and the ability to follow all safety protocols and guidelines.
- Adaptability: Flexibility to work varied shifts, including evenings, weekends, and public holidays, as required by the job.
If you are a dedicated and experienced Warehouse Store Person seeking new opportunities, this role at Recruitwest's client could be the perfect fit for you. Apply now to join a dynamic team and contribute to the smooth operations of a thriving warehouse in Perth.
Register your interest here.
Note: This job description is intended to outline the general responsibilities and requirements of the Warehouse Store Person position. It is not an exhaustive list, and additional duties may be assigned as needed.