As a Forklift Operator, you will play a critical role in warehouse, logistics, or manufacturing operations, responsible for the safe and efficient movement of goods using forklifts.
To join our team, you must be comfortable with the following:
- Forklift Operation: Safely operate forklifts to load, unload, stack, and move materials, products, or equipment within a warehouse, production facility, or other designated areas. Adhere to safe operating procedures and guidelines at all times.
- Inventory Management: Assist in inventory control by accurately and efficiently handling incoming and outgoing materials. Perform visual inspections of goods, verify quantities, and report any discrepancies or damages to the supervisor.
- Material Handling: Use forklift attachments, such as clamps, forks, or platforms, as required to handle various types of materials. Ensure proper placement and securement of loads to prevent damage or accidents during transportation.
- Safety Compliance: Follow all safety regulations and protocols to maintain a safe working environment. Conduct pre-operational checks of forklifts, report any faults or malfunctions, and actively participate in safety training programs.
- Warehouse Organisation: Contribute to maintaining a clean, organised, and efficient warehouse layout. Assist in arranging materials, products, or equipment in designated storage areas, optimising space utilisation and facilitating easy retrieval.
- Documentation: Complete necessary paperwork, such as shipping or receiving documents, accurately and promptly. Record relevant information, such as load details, inventory counts, or inspection reports, as required.
- Communication: Maintain effective communication with team members, supervisors, and other stakeholders to coordinate workflow, prioritise tasks, and ensure smooth operations. Report any issues or concerns promptly.
- Equipment Maintenance: Perform routine maintenance checks on forklifts, including inspecting tires, fluids, brakes, and other components. Report any maintenance needs or equipment defects to the appropriate personnel for repairs.
To be eligible, you must have:
- Experience: Proven experience as a Forklift Operator, preferably in a warehouse, logistics, or manufacturing environment. Familiarity with various types of forklifts, such as counterbalance or high reach forklift, is advantageous.
- Certification: Possession of a valid forklift operator's license or certification is essential. Additional certifications, such as a High-Risk Work License or Warehouse Operations Certification, are advantageous.
- Technical Skills: Proficiency in operating forklifts and understanding forklift controls, functions, and load capacities. Ability to maneuver in tight spaces, stack and unstack loads, and handle materials with precision.
- Safety Consciousness: Strong commitment to safety, with knowledge of safety regulations and procedures related to forklift operations. Awareness of potential hazards and ability to assess risks to prevent accidents or injuries.
- Attention to Detail: Strong attention to detail to ensure accurate load placement, securement, and documentation. Ability to read and interpret labels, shipping documents, or other relevant information.
- Physical Fitness: Ability to perform physically demanding tasks, including lifting and carrying heavy loads, operating controls for extended periods, and working in various weather conditions.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact effectively with team members, supervisors, and other stakeholders. Ability to follow instructions accurately and relay information.
- Adaptability: Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment, adapt to changing priorities, and work flexible hours as required.
If you are a skilled and dedicated Forklift Operator seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity, please submit your application to RecruitWest. We offer competitive remuneration, ongoing training, and a supportive work environment.
Register your interest here.
Note: This job description is intended to outline the general responsibilities and requirements of the Forklift Operator position. It is not an exhaustive list, and additional duties may be assigned as needed.