Cabling Technician with Fibre Optic Skills
If you’re looking for a sea change to beautiful South-West WA, here it is!!
Our well-established client in Bunbury is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Telecoms Technician with Fibre Optic skills to join their expending team undertaking NBN projects throughout the South-West.
They are a local family business with over 20 years expertise. The role will be primarily for the NBN network and Telstra.
We are seeking someone with sound fibre technical knowledge, who is safety conscious, physically fit and able to work unassisted to join their team. Someone who is also need to be a clear thinker who can assist to scope projects, site survey and be competent in completing NBN fibre workbooks.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Installing, splicing and terminating fibre optic cable and devices
- Assisting cable hauling
- Termination of connection modules
- Building fibre paths through existing and new networks
- OTDR, power meter and light source fibre optic commissioning
- Updating NBN fibre workbooks
- Exchange transfers and patching
Essential skills and experience:
(Please DO NOT apply if you don’t have the following)
- Experience working as an Optical Fibre Technician on the NBN network
- Ribbon splicing and OTDR testing experience
- Current NBN Enable Optical Fibre endorsements / accreditations
- The ability to read and understand cable plans and designs
- Current Australian Manual Driver’s Licence
- ACMA registration
- OHS Construction Card
- Full-time role – generous rates based on experience of candidate
- Vehicle and fuel provided
- All tools, equipment provided
If you are the person for this role, we encourage you to apply today! General enquiries are welcome, for additional information, call Ben on 9297 3556.Apply for the Cabling Technician with Fibre Optic Skills position
|Job Category:||Information & Communication Technology|
Website RecruitWest Pty Ltd
If you're a Telecoms Tech with Fibre Optic skills AND looking for a sea change, check this beauty out.