As you would know we are currently faced with unprecedented circumstances due to COVID-19.
RecruitWest Management are closely monitoring the information released by the Health Department and relevant Government departments on a daily basis.
It is increasingly evident that, as individuals, we have a shared responsibility to slow the potential spread of the virus in order to limit the impact on health care facilities and the community in general.
The best way to prevent the spread of COVID-19 is by practising good hand hygiene and sneeze/ cough etiquette.
- frequently washing your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or using an alcohol-based hand gel;
- refraining from touching mouth and nose;
- avoiding close contact with anyone if you, or they, have a cold or flu-like symptoms; and,
- do not attend the workplace if you have any flu like symptoms consistent with a virus, such as fever, cough, sore throat, fatigue and shortness of breath.
If you have COVID-19 symptoms AND have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 OR have recently travelled overseas you should leave the workplace and inform your supervisor and RecruitWest immediately.
The Prime Minister has announced that as of 12.00 AM (AEST), 16 March 2020, all people returning from international travel must self-isolate for fourteen (14) days after the date of return to Australia. Self-isolation does not apply to other members of the household who have not travelled overseas.
The risk of transmission in Australia remains low; however, the situation is evolving. Western Australians should remain alert, but not be alarmed.
For further information:
- Australian Department of Health website
- WA Department of Health website
- Australian Health Direct website, which includes a symptom checker
- The World Health Organisation website, which includes further information and updates about Coronavirus.
- Getting your workplace ready for COVID-19 World Health Organisation
- Smart Traveller provides the latest Australian travel warnings.