As a Watercart Operator, you will play a crucial role in construction, mining, or civil engineering projects, operating water trucks to control dust, compact materials, and maintain site conditions.
To join our team, you must be comfortable with the following:
- Watercart Operation: Operate water trucks (watercarts) to distribute water over construction sites, mining areas, or roads to control dust, compact soil, and ensure proper site maintenance.
- Dust Suppression: Apply water to roads, surfaces, and work areas to minimise dust emissions. Coordinate with site supervisors and other team members to address dust concerns effectively.
- Site Maintenance: Support site maintenance by watering and compacting materials to create stable and safe working conditions. Collaborate with site personnel to identify areas requiring attention.
- Water Distribution: Control water flow and spray patterns on the watercart to ensure uniform coverage and effective dust suppression or material compaction.
- Equipment Maintenance: Conduct routine pre-operational checks on the watercart, including inspecting hoses, valves, and tanks. Report any malfunctions, defects, or maintenance needs to the supervisor promptly.
- Safety Compliance: Adhere to all safety regulations and procedures to maintain a safe working environment. Identify potential hazards related to watercart operations and implement safety measures.
- Communication: Maintain effective communication with site supervisors, other equipment operators, and team members to coordinate tasks, prioritise work, and ensure safety compliance.
- Documentation: Keep accurate records of water distribution activities, areas treated, water usage, and any incidents or near misses. Complete required paperwork and reports accurately and in a timely manner.
- Environmental Awareness: Implement environmental protection practices as required to minimise water wastage and ensure compliance with regulations.
To be eligible, you must have:
- Experience: Proven experience as a Watercart Operator in construction, mining, or civil engineering projects. Familiarity with watercart controls and water distribution techniques is essential.
- Certification: Possession of a valid heavy machinery operator's license or relevant certification for operating water trucks is required.
- Technical Skills: Strong understanding of watercart operation, controls, and spray patterns. Proficiency in effectively distributing water to control dust and compact materials.
- Safety Consciousness: Demonstrated commitment to safety, with knowledge of relevant safety regulations, procedures, and risk assessments related to watercart operations.
- Physical Fitness: Ability to perform physically demanding tasks, including operating controls for extended periods, climbing in and out of the watercart, and working in varying weather conditions.
- Communication Skills: Good verbal and written communication skills to interact effectively with team members, supervisors, and other stakeholders. Ability to follow instructions accurately and relay information clearly.
- Adaptability: Willingness to work in different environments, adapt to changing work schedules, and work extended hours or overtime as required by project demands.
- Problem-Solving: Ability to assess water distribution requirements based on project needs, adjusting spray patterns and water flow accordingly.
If you are a skilled and dedicated Watercart Operator looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity, please submit your application to RecruitWest. We offer competitive remuneration, ongoing training, a supportive work environment, and the chance to contribute to impactful construction, mining, and civil engineering projects.
Register your interest here.