As a Roller Operator, you will play a crucial role in construction, roadworks, and civil engineering projects, operating rollers to compact soil, asphalt, and other materials for a smooth and durable finish.
To join our team, you must be comfortable with the following:
- Roller Operation: Operate rollers to compact soil, asphalt, concrete, and other materials as part of construction and roadwork projects. Follow project specifications and established compaction techniques to achieve desired density and smoothness.
- Compaction Techniques: Implement various compaction techniques, including static rolling, vibratory rolling, and kneading, to achieve proper soil or material compaction and density.
- Equipment Maintenance: Conduct routine pre-operational checks on the roller, including inspecting tires, fluid levels, and other components. Report any malfunctions, defects, or maintenance needs to the supervisor promptly.
- Safety Compliance: Adhere to all safety regulations and procedures to maintain a safe working environment. Conduct risk assessments, identify potential hazards, and implement safety measures during roller operations.
- Communication: Maintain effective communication with site supervisors, other equipment operators, and team members to coordinate tasks, prioritise work, and ensure safety compliance.
- Documentation: Keep accurate records of daily activities, including areas compacted, compaction methods used, and any incidents or near misses. Complete required paperwork and reports accurately and in a timely manner.
- Site Preparation: Assist in preparing work areas for compaction by removing debris, marking boundaries, and ensuring proper ground conditions. Collaborate with site supervisors to understand project requirements.
- Environmental Awareness: Implement dust control measures and other environmental protection practices as required to minimise site impact during compaction activities.
To be eligible, you must have:
- Experience: Proven experience as a Roller Operator in construction, roadworks, or civil engineering projects. Familiarity with different types of rollers and compaction techniques is essential.
- Certification: Possession of a valid heavy machinery operator's license or relevant certification for operating rollers is required.
- Technical Skills: Strong understanding of roller operation, controls, and compaction principles. Proficiency in achieving proper density and smoothness in various materials.
- Safety Consciousness: Demonstrated commitment to safety, with knowledge of relevant safety regulations, procedures, and risk assessments. Ability to identify and mitigate potential hazards during roller operations.
- Physical Fitness: Ability to perform physically demanding tasks, including operating controls for extended periods, climbing in and out of the roller, and working in varying weather conditions.
- Communication Skills: Good verbal and written communication skills to interact effectively with team members, supervisors, and other stakeholders. Ability to follow instructions accurately and relay information clearly.
- Adaptability: Willingness to work in different environments, adapt to changing work schedules, and work extended hours or overtime as required by project demands.
- Problem-Solving: Ability to assess compaction requirements based on project specifications and material characteristics, adjusting compaction methods as needed.
If you are a skilled and dedicated Roller Operator looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity, please submit your application to RecruitWest. We offer competitive remuneration, ongoing training, a supportive work environment, and the chance to contribute to impactful construction and roadwork projects.
Register your interest here.