As a Loader Operator, you will play a pivotal role in construction, mining, or material handling projects, operating loaders to efficiently load, move, and distribute materials on-site.
To join our team, you must be comfortable with the following:
- Loader Operation: Operate loaders to efficiently load, unload, and move materials such as soil, aggregates, and other construction materials within construction sites, quarries, or material yards.
- Material Handling: Use loaders to transport materials to and from designated areas, stockpiles, or trucks. Load and unload materials accurately and safely using appropriate attachments.
- Equipment Maintenance: Conduct routine pre-operational checks on the loader, including inspecting tires, fluids, and other components. Report any malfunctions, defects, or maintenance needs to the supervisor promptly.
- Safety Compliance: Adhere to all safety regulations and procedures to maintain a safe working environment. Conduct risk assessments, identify potential hazards, and implement safety measures during loader operations.
- Site Organisation: Contribute to maintaining an organised and efficient work environment by arranging materials, stockpiles, and equipment as directed by supervisors.
- Communication: Maintain effective communication with site supervisors, truck drivers, and other team members to coordinate tasks, prioritise work, and ensure safety compliance.
- Documentation: Keep accurate records of loader activities, including materials loaded, stockpile locations, and any incidents or near misses. Complete required paperwork and reports accurately and in a timely manner.
- Equipment Loading: Load trucks and other vehicles safely and efficiently, ensuring proper weight distribution and securement of loads.
To be eligible, you must have:
- Experience: Proven experience as a Loader Operator in construction, mining, or material handling projects. Familiarity with loader controls and material handling techniques is essential.
- Certification: Possession of a valid heavy machinery operator's license or relevant certification for operating loaders is required.
- Technical Skills: Strong understanding of loader operation, controls, and attachments. Proficiency in loading and unloading various materials accurately and safely.
- Safety Consciousness: Demonstrated commitment to safety, with knowledge of relevant safety regulations, procedures, and risk assessments related to loader operations.
- Physical Fitness: Ability to perform physically demanding tasks, including operating controls for extended periods, climbing in and out of the loader, and working in varying weather conditions.
- Communication Skills: Good verbal and written communication skills to interact effectively with team members, supervisors, truck drivers, and other stakeholders. Ability to follow instructions accurately and relay information clearly.
- Adaptability: Willingness to work in different environments, adapt to changing work schedules, and work extended hours or overtime as required by project demands.
- Problem-Solving: Ability to assess material handling requirements, adjust loading techniques based on material characteristics, and troubleshoot loader-related challenges.
If you are a skilled and dedicated Loader Operator looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity, please submit your application to RecruitWest. We offer competitive remuneration, ongoing training, a supportive work environment, and the chance to contribute to impactful construction, mining, and material handling projects.
Register your interest here.