When filling in an Australian Tax File Number Declaration, we find the same two questions are asked by most candidates.
1) Am I an Australian resident for tax purposes (question 7)
2) Do I want to claim the tax free threshold (question 8)
In short, here are the answers that you should follow:
Are you an Australian Resident for Tax Purposes?
- If you are an Australian resident, you would tick YES.
- If you are NOT an Australian Resident you would tick NO. (this includes candidates on Visa’s)
Do you wish to claim the tax-free threshold from this payer?
- Tick YES to get taxed at a LOWER rate and have more money in your bank account each week.